Automatically resume a download w/ urllib?

Chris Moffitt chris_moffitt at
Thu Oct 25 05:23:41 CEST 2001

"Mark Rowe" <mark21rowe at> wrote in message
news:3bd680ea at
> Hi,
> Your code certainly fits in better in an object oriented system.  The only
> small problem I saw is the capitization of the headers that you send.  The
> HTTP RFC (RFC 2616) indicates that the headers should be in the case
> indicated.  In some cases incorrect case may affect the servers parsing of
> the message.  Therefore the only changes to your code would be the
> capitalization of the 'Range' header, and the retrieval of the
> 'Content-Length' header.
> Mark
Thanks for the tip.  I made the change you suggested and even posted this on
the Activestate Python cookbook.  It may not be much, but I thought it was
pretty cool.  Thanks to everyone for their help.  Too bad I can't use this
because the server I'm trying to use this on uses NTLM authentication, hence
Python bombs out on me.  Anyone have an idea how to get around this?