Deploy without distribute python source code

kosh at kosh at
Wed Oct 10 11:46:02 CEST 2001

Designing the webpages of tomorrow
Designing the MMORPGS of tomorrow

On 10 Oct 2001, Goh S H wrote:

> Hi all,
>    I would like to deloy some projects which making use of Python, but
> I do not want to distribute Python source code due to several reasons.
> Is there any ways to do this? Is it portable to distribute .pyc?
 .pyc files are only for that version of python and won't work on others
overall it is not a good idea. They can also be reverse engineered
trivially if that is what you are worried about. You are probably better
off using one of the freeze type programs.