Documentation for tkFileDialog [WAS: [comp.lang.python] Re: tkinter - tkFileDialog - how to get dir instead of file]

Brian Elmegaard brian at
Wed Oct 31 12:08:52 CET 2001

No answer down the thread, so I hope a new thread may help.

Ulrich Goertz <u at> writes:

> > to get this from the standard module "tkFileDialog".

huh! tkFileDialog, that's interesting. I have read the life preserver,
Fredrik introduction, and the New Mexico reference, and I have never
found this mentioned before. I have been thinking and thinking, how to
make one. Now it seems it is a standard widget, but just undocumented.

Is this the case? Are there more super widgets I do not know after
reading the above mentioned?
Brian (remove the sport for mail)
\TeX, tak.