Compiling python error

James j.c.mcnulty at open.ac.uk
Tue Oct 30 09:40:02 EST 2001

Dear All,

When I try to configure python i get the following errors.

Any ideas

James

bash-2.03# ./configure
checking MACHDEP... sunos5
checking for --without-gcc... no
checking for --with-cxx=<compiler>... no
checking for c++... c++
checking whether the C++ compiler (c++  ) works... yes
checking whether the C++ compiler (c++  ) is a cross-compiler... yes
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) is a cross-compiler... yes
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for Cygwin environment... no
checking for mingw32 environment... no
checking for executable suffix... no
checking for --with-suffix...
checking LIBRARY... libpython$(VERSION).a
checking LINKCC... $(PURIFY) $(CC)
checking LDLIBRARY... libpython$(VERSION).a
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking for ar... ar
checking for a BSD compatible install... ./install-sh -c
checking for AIX... no
checking for minix/config.h... no
checking whether gcc accepts -OPT:Olimit=0... configure: error: can
not run test program while cross compiling