win32popenWin9x.exe and w9xpopen.exe on win95

CpJohnson at edgars.co.za CpJohnson at edgars.co.za
Mon Oct 22 03:55:51 EDT 2001

>os.popen doesn't work at all; I've tried setting PYTHONHOME, copying
w9xpopen.exe all over the place, etc., but I >still get the error:

>PythonHandler mod_python.publisher: RuntimeError: Can not locate 'w9xpopen.exe'
which is needed for popen to work >on this platform.

>Anyone experienced either of these?  Is there a solution?

I wouldn't bother trying to get w9xopen.exe working, popen does not work on
win95 at all.

Craig

------------------Edcon Disclaimer -------------------------
This email is private and confidential and its contents and attachments are the
property of Edcon. It is solely for the named addressee. Any unauthorised use or
 interception of this email, or the review, retransmission, dissemination or
other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon the contents of this
email, by persons or entities other than the intended recipient, is prohibited.
Save for communications relating to the official business of Edcon, the company
does not accept any responsibility for the contents of this email or any
opinions expressed in this email or its attachments .
If you are not the named addressee please notify us immediately by reply email
and delete this email and any attached files.
Due to the nature of email Edcon cannot ensure and accepts no liability for the
integrity of this email and any attachments, nor that they are free of any
virus.
Edcon accepts no liability for any loss or damage whether direct or indirect or
consequential,  however caused, whether by negligence or otherwise, which may
result directly or indirectly from this communication or any attached files.

Edgars Consolidated Stores LTD ,Post office box 200 Crown Mines, Telephone:
(011) 495-6000