ANN: USPP (Universal Serial Port Python) Library version 0.1

Isaac Barona ibarona at tid.es
Fri Sep 14 10:48:03 EDT 2001

Hi all,

I have just released the first version of a python library called USPP
(Universal Serial Port Python).

USPP Library is a multi-platform Python module to access serial ports.
At the moment, it only works in Windows and Linux (the platforms I
have access to) but as it is written entirely in Python I hope you can
extend it to support any other platforms.

The module has the following features:

	- hight level access to serial port under several platforms.
	- autodetects the platform in which it is working and exports
	  the correct classes for that platform.
	- object oriented approach.
	- file object semantic operations over the ports.
	- allows using the serial port with different speeds and
	  characteristics.
	- RS-232 and RS-485 modes (now only RS-232). In RS-485 mode
	  the communication is half-duplex and uses the RTS line
	  to control the direction of the transference.
	- blocking, non-blocking or configurable timeout reads.

The library is under the GPL license and can be found in:

http://balder.prohosting.com/ibarona/en/python/uspp/uspp_en.html

Greatings from Spain,

	Isaac.

Isaac Barona Martínez