wav player using wxPython and pygame - wavplayer.py (0/1)

ibwonrr at yahoo.com ibwonrr at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 9 11:55:19 EDT 2001

I've written a simple (read: ugly) wav player using pygame and
wxPython.  It can play, stop, pause, and shows the current and total
time of the wav file.  It can also convert wav files to mp3 using
BladeEnc (freeware for win32).

My goal was to write an mp3 player, but I couldn't get mp3s  to load
using pygame.mixer.music.load() (under windows 2000).  If anyone knows
how to do this, please let me know.

I would also like to add a wxSlider control or ScanForward and
ScanBackward buttons to choose the position in the wav file.  I
haven't done this because I don't know how to set pygame to a certain
point in the wav file.

I've attached the python file to this post.  Any comments or
suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Dave Raffensperger