Python by RPM -> bad idea?

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Mon Sep 10 00:48:29 EDT 2001

    pkwoods> I'm having problems, and I think they stem from my installing
    pkwoods> Python originally through the use of an RPM.

    pkwoods> By using an RPM, I get not /config directory with a Makefile,
    pkwoods> which sounds reasonable enough, as I didn't compile anything.

If you have a python-devel RPM somewhere (probably where you got your python
rpm), it will almost certainly have the missing /config directory and its
contents.  You only need python-devel when you are building other programs
or shared libraries that use python.

--
Skip Montanaro (skip at pobox.com)
http://www.mojam.com/