pymacs! :-)

Carel Fellinger cfelling at iae.nl
Wed Sep 5 14:02:57 EDT 2001

François Pinard <pinard at iro.umontreal.ca> wrote:
> My real end goal is using Python instead of LISP for an extension language
> for Emacs, as needed.  I'm jealous of "vim" users! :-)

Me too, I even tried to wrap my mind to dig the modes of vim, but in vain.

> We could progressively build a cache about whether LISP symbols are `boundp'
> or `fboundp' or not, and use that information afterwards.  (Underlines would
> be translated to dashes, of course.)  For the rest, I wonder if I could not
> replace __builtins__ with an instance of a class of my own.  Any other idea?

Like Marcin, I would prefer a lisp.fun notation.  And as many lisp names use
funny characters like -, I suggest adding a [] interface as well, so we
easily can access those weird emacs names like in

   count = lisp["1+"](count)

--
groetjes, carel