Using MySQLdb Newbie

Roman Suzi rnd at
Wed Sep 19 13:40:20 CEST 2001

On Wed, 19 Sep 2001, Jordan Elver wrote:

> Hi,
> This is my first post to the list, please be gentle.
> I'm trying to get python talking to my mysql server. I think the way to this
> is to use the MySQLdb library. So I'm trying to set it up. But I get the
> following error when running the script:

If I understood correctly, you are trying to use
MySQL + MySQLdb on some UNIX system.

How are you doing it?

AFAIK, it's simply:

python install

from the MySQLdb distro directory!
> "error in setup script: invalid distribution option 'platforms'"
> Can someone point me to information or tutorials or other help?

You can ask here, but please provide more details.

Sincerely yours, Roman A.Suzi
 - Petrozavodsk - Karelia - Russia - mailto:rnd at -