Pythonwin and .NET

Ron Stephens rdsteph at earthlink.net
Sun Sep 9 09:09:08 EDT 2001

Yet another reason, form the Ruby nnewsgroup:

""""I'm a sysadmin for several NT, Solaris, and Linux boxes.  I currently
use both Perl and increasingly Python to manage my systems.  I am
beginning to enjoy Ruby quite a bit but it seemingly is devoid of NT
related functionality in the areas of:

services management
printer and disk management
COM(+)
user and group administration
security
sockets
ODBC

Can anyone comment on any available modules (not in Beta, etc.) that
are available and mature in nature?

I believe that if there is anything that prevents the more widespread
use of Ruby on WIN32 is that it may be lacking these tools."""""

Many people like to use their language of choice, but can only do so if it has
good Windows tools and integration.