Stackless Python and Python 2.x

Michael Abbott Michael at
Wed Sep 5 16:34:10 CEST 2001

Skip Montanaro (skip at
> I believe simple generators can only yield back to their caller, so all
> that's necessary (in my simple-minded view of things) is to retain a
> reference to the stack frame when yield is executed and not reinitialize
> stack frame the next time the generator is called.

I'm pretty sure that doesn't work for generators, because I suspect that
part of the point of their simplified implementation is that only one stack
frame is required.  In particular, this probably means that the generator's
stack frame has to be "torn down" each time the generator yields back to its