Python/Cygwin PyOS_InputHook

Gary Bishop bishop at cs.unc.edu
Wed Sep 19 10:00:01 EDT 2001

I'm trying to build the pygist graphing extension for python 2.1.1 on
cygwin (latest version). The link building the dll fails with
undefined symbol PyOS_InputHook. I see the definition in
Parser/myreadline.c and the extern DL_IMPORT declaration in
Include/pythonrun.h.

The same source builds and works on Mac OS/X so I'm guessing this is a
cygwin problem with references to variables in DLL's?

One more detail. I can see the symbols using "nm" on
libpython2.1.dll.a. This one is shown with an "I" flag as most of them
are but unlike the others it has no "unmunged" name associated with
it. Only an __imp__* style name. I don't know enough to know if that
is a clue or not.

Thanks you any pointers you can give.
gb