Creating Excel files on Linux

Maan M. Hamze mmhamze at pleiades.net
Fri Sep 7 10:13:49 EDT 2001

Ignacio
My question was the following:
Can Staroffice create XLS files?  Yes or no!
As to the 'poetics' of what I meant by 'XLS language', it was a metaphor and
my answer to this issue appears in my answer to Oleg in that very same
thread:  the language of XLS is the language that the office secretaries and
managers and editors and a host of other million people understand.
Figuratively that is - not as a computer programming language.
Maan