running Python-Skripts without having Python installed

Gerhard Häring g.haering at ___skynamics.com.invalid
Wed Sep 5 08:10:39 EDT 2001

Frank Bongartz wrote:
> Hi !
>
> As I am new to Python I wonder if it is possible to run Python scripts on
> machines, that do not have installed Python.
>
> In TCL, it is possible to start a "wish" in a batch-file, followed by the
> tcl-script.
>
> Any suggestions ?

win32/Linux: 	http://www.mcmillan-inc.com/install1.html
win32: 		http://py2exe.sourceforge.net/

Gordon McMillan's page (first URL) explains the concepts behind these
quite nicely.

There's also the freeze utility in the standard Python distribution,
which should work on any platform, but needs a C compiler.

Gerhard
--
Gerhard Häring
skynamics AG