large class hierarchies in python

Justin Dubs jtdubs at eos.ncsu.edu
Mon Sep 10 01:05:43 EDT 2001

Thank you for the suggestions.

I have already taught myself the basics of Prolog, Postscript and Lisp.  I
will look into the rest of them though.  I am trying to expose myself to all
of the various unique methods of programming for the purposes of eventually
designing one of my own also for purely theoretical and curiosity-based
reasons.

In order of abstraction, starting at the lowest is obviously assembler.  I
know that for both x86 up through Pentium as well as the basics of motorola
assembler.

Above that I have C.

Above that I have C++, Objective-C, Pascal, Basic as well as more visual
languages such as Visual BASIC, Visual C++, Java and TCL and FoxPro.

Above that I have Perl, Python.

Above that I have Prolog, Lisp.

Also, more miscellaneously, HTML, Javascript, VBScript, SQL and Shell
scripting and a little of postscript and smalltalk.

I"ll dive into Haskell/Forth/Miranda/APL and see what I like.  I also want
to do a little Scheme and Eiffel at some point.  Thanks a lot for the
suggestions.

Do I appear to be missing any categories of languages?  I have the basic OO,
Functional, Scripting languages covered, I think.  Thanks again guys,

Justin Dubs