google and Python ;-)

Francisco Borges frandebo at latt.if.usp.br
Sat Sep 22 16:09:21 EDT 2001

» Peter Hansen wrote:

> > We all know that Python could be characterised as
> > readable, powerful, dynamic programming language
> >
> > Guess, which languages google user will find by
> > using those keywords ;-)
> >
> > And how many hits will contain "Python".
>
> I get 11700 hits from
> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=readable+powerful+dynamic+programming+language
> and 1580 hits from
> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=readable+powerful+dynamic+programming+language+python

 http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=readable+powerful+dynamic+programming+language+perl
 Will give you  3550 hits...

 http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=readable+powerful+dynamic+programming+language+tcl
 1,970 hits

 http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=readable+powerful+dynamic+programming+language+Smalltalk
 1.300 hits

 http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=readable+powerful+dynamic+programming+language+ruby
 258 hits

> Not sure what that means... that Python constitutes only 13.5% of
> readable, powerful, dynamic programming languages?

  No, that probably has more to do with the amount of people that are
  marketing python this way, which is indirectly connected with the
  amount of people using Python, but there should be (?are?) better ways
  to estimate that.

  Peace.
--
   Francisco.