re source code

Darrell dgallion1 at
Tue Sep 18 19:53:21 CEST 2001

Go to
Search for Request ID: 456742

A full explanation of how this works is beyond me right now.
The work around tries to avoid recursion in favor of a loop.
The problem is that even a loop must make sure that the next char
matches whatever is defined before the '*'.

In the case of '.' this isn't real hard. In the case of "[^\n].*?",
recursion is more attractive.