Python parsers that parse Java?

Carlos Gaston Alvarez cgaston at moonqzie.com
Fri Sep 14 05:37:41 EDT 2001

Hi Kevin,

   If you want to do it right you should not execute java source. OK, may be
you can but if they call an api how will you handle it? Also you can insert
parser bugs.
   What you should do is to execute the java program (its bytecodes) in a
java virtual machine.
   You have two options.
    Number one is Jython  www.jython.org which is python in java, it runs in
a jvm and it intercases in a really easy way with java. Take a look and see
if it works for you. If so it is the easiest and best way to do it.
    The second, but less recomendable is to instanciate a jvm from a C
program (interfaced with java). Download the java jdk and you will see some
source that lets you intancitate and call it from a C program.

Chau,

Gaston