bsddb3 vs zodb

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Thu Sep 20 09:15:41 EDT 2001

vincent delft wrote:

> does any one as analyze the pro and cons (functionalities, performances,
> ...) between Berkley DB3 (bsddb3) and ZODB ?

Isn't DB3 a relational database?  Since ZODB is clearly not,
we're going to end up just comparing the "pros and cons" of
relational versus object-oriented databases, I think.

In any case, you should specify what your requirements are
before asking for such a comparison.  Without an idea what
the context is (what is your particular application area?)
the answers will be largely meaningless.

--
Peter Hansen, P.Eng.
peter at engcorp.com