Destruction of the New York Twin Towers

Heiko Wundram heikowu at ceosg.de
Wed Sep 12 10:46:29 EDT 2001

Hello to all fellow list members!

As I have not heard a single word about it on the list so far, I thought that
I might as well take the initiative and express my grievance at seeing the
pictures that were broadcast for all day today (and yesterday too) about the
suicide bombings (or whatever you might call it) of the two twin towers in
New York and also the Pentagon in Washington.

Let us all mourn the great loss of lives (only comparable to a natural
catastrophe) that occured in just one hour due to such a cowardly act of
terrorism against civilians. Let us hope that all those innocent people who
died during these acts of crime are now in a better place.

And let us think greatfully of all rescue workers, the medical staff of the
hospitals and all those individuals who came out to help or donate blood in
New York and Washington, and of course of all those who endangered or lost
their lives trying to help the people who were caught up in the debris of the
buildings.

On a last note to myself, although the need for revenge that many Americans
feel at the moment is justifiedly huge, I sincerely hope that this act of war
of an as yet unknown agressor against America will not lead to a scenario
that was discussed in a late night show yesterday evening on German TV:

"World War 3".

--
Yours sincerely,

	Heiko Wundram