Hello people. I have some questions

Alex Martelli aleax at aleax.it
Mon Sep 3 09:45:37 EDT 2001

"Markus Schaber" <markus at schabi.de> wrote in message
news:1176854.PIDvDuAF1L at lunix.schabi.de...
> Hi,
>
> Alex Martelli <aleax at aleax.it> schrub:
>
> > It IS murky, but I hear that Java can easily talk to StarOffice,
> > which was my point -- so I can automate StarOffice with Python,
> Is StarBasic powerful enough for your plans?

I would hope and expect it's Turing complete (within the usual
hardware-finiteness limitation:-), but I don't *WANT* to program
in Basic.  I'd rather go back to MS Office and Windows 98, if
using Basic instead of Python was the price to pay for Linux,
OpenBSD, and other wonderful operating systems.  I'm pretty sure
there is no such price to be paid, however:-).

Alex