idea: Robocode for Python

Bob Roberts bobnotbob at byu.edu
Mon Sep 10 18:20:28 EDT 2001

> Hi!
>
> > Cool idea (read on /.) for those who seek interesting project:
> >
> > http://robocode.alphaworks.ibm.com/home/home.html
> >
> But it doesn't exist for Python yet, now does it?

I downloaded it and played with it a little bit.  You write a class
that inherits from a pre-existing Robot class.  All you do is create a
run() function, plus functions like OnScannedRobot() to handle events.

The windows version comes bundled with a java version from Sun, and it
handles all of the compiling, etc.  It creates a template
your_robot.java, and it compiles it to your_robot.class, which it uses
in its battle.

So, would it be possible to do this in python using jython?  I have no
idea if this is even possible or not, as playing around with Robocode
is the complete extent of my java experience.

"Pretend like this is a witty saying"
             ---Anonymou