Trying to build Ming SWF-output library with Python?

Antaeus Feldspar feldspar at ix.netcom.com
Sat Sep 29 02:47:24 EDT 2001

I have been trying to install the Ming software library for output of
SWF ("Flash") files on my Linux box, and the Python bindings.  As far as
I can tell, installing Ming went without a hitch, but the Python
bindings were considerably hitched.  In particular, trying to make
"mingc.pyd" seemed to be the major problem, as it resulted in the
following log:

 ***

 bash$ make mingc.pyd
 dllwrap --dllname mingc.pyd --driver-name gcc --def mingc.def \
   -o mingc.pyd ming_wrap.o -s --entry _DllMain at 12 \
   --target=i386-mingw32 -Llib/ -lpython15
 make: dllwrap: Command not found
 make: *** [mingc.pyd] Error 127
 bash$

 ***

>From what I've been able to make out from my research, the "mingw32" may
be just coincidence, and not related to the Ming software library.  In
any case, though, neither I nor any of my Linux friends have been able
to come up with what the Makefile *should* be to make it work.  Can
anyone shed more light on this?

	-jc