COM/CORBA/DCOP (was: Hello people. I have some questions)

Garry Hodgson garry at
Wed Sep 5 15:12:34 CEST 2001

Alex Martelli wrote:

> But anyway, who's happy with
> a single layer of defense?  I want security in depth, and
> all feasible precautions.  Not have avoidable accounts on
> the firewall box, but not have avoidable pieces of software
> on it either (minimal base OpenBSD 2.9 install, plus of
> course *Python*, which *is* absolutely indispensable, and
> _maybe_ some proxies just so I can tighten the FW down even
> more while still allowing the PC's to access the internet
> through the proxies).

you might also add something like tripwire, to detect anything
that gets past your other defenses.

Garry Hodgson                   sometimes we ride on your horses
Senior Hacker                   sometimes we walk alone
Software Innovation Services    sometimes the songs that we hear
AT&T Labs                       are just songs of our own
garry at