idea: Robocode for Python

chris liechti cliechti at no.spam.gmx.net
Wed Sep 12 14:23:47 EDT 2001

[posted and mailed]

porter at et.byu.edu (C. Porter Bassett) wrote in
news:84552519.0109120815.2e9fa2c7 at posting.google.com:
> I have all of those in my CLASSPATH.  Are you sure that it's something
> happening at run-time?  Are you pretty confident that it doesn't have
> anything to do with the two errors that I get when I compile?  I get
> an error for each method I put into my class.  Here are those errors:
>
> warning: jfindattr(org.python.core.PyProxy,java.lang.String) in
> org.python.core.Py has been deprecated
>         PyObject inst = Py.jfindattr(this, "onScannedRobot");
>                           ^
> .\jpywork\pyrobot.java:110: warning:
> jfindattr(org.python.core.PyProxy,java.lang.String) in
> org.python.core.Py has been deprecated
>         PyObject inst = Py.jfindattr(this, "run");

Deprecated methods should not be used for new designs as these might
disapear in a future version of Java. On the other hand this means that
these methods are there and perfectly working, its only a warning.

I tested the Java version, but have not tried to generate the classes
with Jython. Looks like a lot of fun... but I would prefer a pure python
version (open source of course -- and the alpha works license is a bit
strange in this case.. 90 days, then you have to delete the software, one
could think they want to sell it in future...)

chris <cliechti at gmx.net>