Tkinter problem

Ryan ryanmorillo at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 11 03:50:38 EDT 2001

I have a pet project I'm working on that seems to work beautifully
other than one little TK problem.  I have an interface with several
subframes, and one of the frames is a list.  The problem is that once
I add a new item to the file that propigates the list and I want the
list to update, I call the update() method and the whole interface
respawns attached to the botom of the previous instance.  I've tryed
destroying and lowering the whole interface and just the section that
the frame is contained in and can't get it to work.  If anyone has a
good reason why I'm getting this behaviour I would be thrilled. If
someone has a fix, I'd be exstatic.

for anyone interested the code for the gui is  here -->
http://pages.prodigy.net/ryanmorillo/python/Schedgui.py

to run the gui you will need both these files==>
http://pages.prodigy.net/ryanmorillo/python/ScrolledList.py
http://pages.prodigy.net/ryanmorillo/python/ScrolledTextgrid.py

if anyone wants the whole program the other file is here -->
http://pages.prodigy.net/ryanmorillo/python/schedy.py

it is windows specific (I think, I may have left in the ability to run
it on unix, I don't remember anymore.  It came from the schedy file)

TIA