idea: Robocode for Python

Martin Franklin martin.franklin at westgeo.com
Fri Sep 14 15:24:21 EDT 2001

OK I give in I've just downloaded Robocode and installed/tested with
straight Java works fine....  Now with Jython I got past the No Class Deaf
error by putting jython.jar in the CLASSPATH in the robocode.sh script

like so:-

#!/bin/sh
Java -cp robocode.jar:tools.jar:/usr/python/Jython/jython.jar:.
robocode.Robocode

But I cant get my pyrobot to do anything (It shows up but don't move!)
and I get this message:-

[bpse at m-franklin robocode]$ ./robocode.sh
Preparing battle...
Initialize building image: 400,300
Scaling BattleView.
Initialize building image: 381,238
Scaling BattleView.
No, it is: |(java.util.PropertyPermission * read,write)|
Preventing Robot Loader from access: (java.util.PropertyPermission *
read,write)
No, it is: |(java.util.PropertyPermission user.dir read)|
Preventing Robot Loader from access: (java.util.PropertyPermission user.dir
read)
Battle initializing.
Turning on robots.
Waiting for robots to start.
Let the games begin!

Now I'm considering re-writing Robocode in python!

Martin.