Why so few Python jobs?

Mats Wichmann mats at laplaza.org
Sat Sep 29 16:12:06 EDT 2001

On Sat, 29 Sep 2001 01:39:20 +0200, "Boyd Roberts"
<boyd at insultant.net> wrote:

:"Laura Creighton" <lac at strakt.com> a écrit dans le message news: mailman.1001711824.2150.python-list at python.org...
:> I know of 2 companies that considered doing their development work in
:> Python but concluded that though the core language was terrific, the
:> libraries were fragmentary, incomplete, ...
:
:that's fixable :)

Sure... but when did "that's fixable" sway anyone?  They look at what
it's like /now/.

If the libraries are that fragmentary/incomplete (not something I've
found to be a problem, personally)... what's missing or would improve
the situation?

Python Jobs:  maybe it's a bit like the Tudor Jobs shop in M.P.
sketch.

I had a Python job once, but it fizzled.  Now I'm taking something
that doesn't look at all like a Python job.  Sigh.

Mats Wichmann