alt pc<->opt mac key translation

Christopher Smith csmith at
Sat Sep 22 18:03:53 CEST 2001

Can anyone point me to the resource to help me figure out what alt key
combination corresponds to what option modified keypress on the mac?  e.g.
if I press option-m on the mac (µ) what is the equivalent alt#### on the
and vice versa?

I checked out the web site and downloaded some of the key maps
but am not sure I am interpreting them correctly.  e.g.  I have a file
I know someone type alt-0218 in; on the mac this looks like a capital U
with an accent; in the unicode tables this character has code 00DA, not