Class mutation

Markus Schaber markus at
Thu Sep 27 17:31:02 CEST 2001

Dale Strickland-Clark <dale at> schrub:

>>But it exactly does what you want. It assigns the new class to your
>>job object.
> It does indeed do exactly what I want but if there is a chance of the
> feature being removed, it's a bit of a risk using it.
> Thanks for your help, however, we've gone for a state attribute
> instead. Tthe Job class will contain all the methods needed in the
> active state as well.

In lots of cases, this is sufficient, right. And in those cases, it
clearly is the better solution in my eyes.

"The strength of the Constitution lies entirely in the determination of
each citizen to defend it. Only if every single citizen feels duty
bound to do his share in this defense are the constitutional rights
secure." -- Albert Einstein