Tkinter Questions

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Sat Sep 29 17:11:52 EDT 2001

On Sat, 29 Sep 2001 21:39:44 +0200, Janos Blazi <jblazi at hotmail.com> wrote:

>(1) It would be nice to have a big (or better long) button that
>does different things depending on which side of the button has
>been clicked, the left side or the right side. As this is
>obviously not possible,

Grashopper, It is not obviously possible, but that doesn't
imply that it is obviously not possible.  :)

IOW, I think you can do that, but it's a bit complicated.

You've got to assign a callback to the button-press event for
that widget.  That callback will be passed an event which
contains the x,y corrdinates of the pointer.  The callback
would then query the widget for it's position and size.  A bit
of math occurs, and the callback does something different
depending on which end of the button was clicked.

I think that all of the info required to do such a thing can be
gleaned from John Grayson's wonderful book _Python_and_Tkinter_
_Programming_

>(2) I have asked this questions already but received no answer.

Unfortunately, I don't know enough about Pmw in general and
that widget in particular to offer any suggestions.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  .. I don't understand
                                  at               the HUMOR of the THREE