Near Final PEP 247 - API for Cryptographic Hash Functions

Boyd Roberts boyd at
Fri Sep 21 14:05:13 CEST 2001

"Oleg Broytmann" <phd at> a écrit dans le message news: mailman.1001068644.7861.python-list at
> On Thu, Sep 20, 2001 at 12:20:41PM -0400, Andrew Kuchling wrote:
> If no one points out any problems with the text, then the PEP can be
> considered finished, and we can begin checking that hash modules
> comply with the API.

care to explain to me how this will work with large inputs, such
as files, rather than smallish strings?

Boyd Roberts        boyd at

When GEE wants an especially large amount of hell to break loose,
they'll bring in professional irritants, like me.

    -- S.T., _Zodiac_, Neal Stephenson