python GUI without windowhandle

Marcus Nilsson marcus.nilsson at emw.ericsson.se
Tue Sep 4 10:55:10 EDT 2001

Hi,

Does anybody know how to create a python-GUI without a windowhandle.
When I say windowhandle, I mean the windowmanager's upper bar of the
main window that makes it possible to grab the window, iconify it, close
it, resize it etc. I probably should tell you that I'm experimenting
with python on a UNIX-workstation running a CDE window manager.

I'm playing with a system supervision type application. It consists of a
large number processes, each with a small GUI-window that present data
graphically to the user. The reason I don't want windowhandles is: A/ in
this case it saves alot of space on the screen, B/ I have no use at all
for handles on my subwindows, the windows are opened and closed by the
main application and they must be fixed in size and position at all
times.

Thanks,
Marcus