can't import dbi, odbc or win32com

Marcel Lüttmann luettmann at ihr-internet.de
Thu Sep 27 06:17:32 EDT 2001

Thomas Heller wrote:

> These modules are not included in the core, you can install
> them separately from www.activestate.com (Mark Hammond's win32all extensions),
> or - even better - you remove python2.1.1 again and install ActiveState's
> python distribution, which includes these and other goodies as well.
> Highly recommended!

Installing win32all helped. I did not install ActivePython, because it
needs the WSH to be installed on the computer (at least during
installation), and if I can avoid it, the Windows Security Hangover
won't get on my machine.
But win32all, combined with Python 2.1.1, did the job well.

Thanks!

Gruß (aus der Naehe von Muenster),
Marcel