How to make a standalone

Benjamin Schollnick junkster at rochester.rr.com
Thu Sep 13 05:40:06 EDT 2001

In article <3b94d3cb$0$21089$ba620e4c at news.skynet.be>,
 "Your Name" <your.name at skynet.be> wrote:

> Hi,
> I downloaded a program to make a standalone but it doesn't work. Probably
> I'm doing the wrong things so I wondered if somebody could expplain what I
> need to do. I installed Gordon's standalone or something like that. From the
> website www.python.org
> There is a short manual but I don't understand it. So help needed.
> Thx anyway

Without a better explaination of what went wrong, there is not much we
can suggest.

If your using Gordon's Installer package, here's some suggestions:

1) Make sure your using the latest version (v4a4 for Windows, not sure
on the linux version).  If not, run don't walk to
http://www.mcmillan-inc.com/installer_dnld.html  and download the latest.

2) If your Making a Tkinter based application, did you run SETUPTK from
the installer directory (or is it installer\projects\buildtk?).  This
only needs to be run once....

3) If your making a Tkinter based application, did you pass the -tk flag
on the freeze/standalone/simple command line?

4) If your making a win32 app, did you pass the -win32 flag on the
freeze/standalone/simple command line?

5) Please capture the error message, and post it.

<RANT>

Please repeat after me:

   The quality of the technical support that we can give is directly in
proporation to the quality of the information that you give us.

</RANT>

         - Benjamin