Interactive web image using Python

Graham Dumpleton grahamd at dscpl.com.au
Tue Sep 25 05:41:38 EDT 2001

Michael Palm <msp at tpg.com.au> wrote in message news:<3BB01440.5E6EE94 at tpg.com.au>...
> Somewhere on
> the web I saw a duck
> whose clothing you could change in this way, but I can't find it again
> or recall what they used.
> I guess I could use their method and just store a library of each
> compoment shaded in all
> possible colors, then overlay the pieces.

The best example I have seen of this sort of stuff is:

  http://www.coloring.com

You might have a play with their site. Looks a bit like they use
JavaScript to capture the coordinates of the location you use, but
then how they fill it on the server I don't know. They use line
drawings as a start, but when you select something, if it is part
of something else which isn't directly connected, still fills the
other part, ie., basic flood fill on coordinates ain't going to
work.