Pythonwin and .NET

James_Althoff at i2.com James_Althoff at i2.com
Mon Sep 10 15:16:33 EDT 2001

Alex Martelli wrote:
<snip>
>It's very different with Jython (I haven't used it "in anger" yet,
>but dabbled, yes) -- I have not found *anything* yet that I can't do
>in Jython, i.e. anything _at all_ that would require me to switch to
>Java coding for some part
<snip>

I agree with Alex.  As I've posted here before, we have written hundreds of
thousands of lines of deployed/production Jython code.  We have converted
*a few* tiny display renderers (Swing-based) to Java to increase scrolling
performance.  But isolated, performance areas aside we have not found *any*
(zero) Java functionality that is not fully (and easily) accessible from
Jython. (But being so much more of a pleasure to code in Jython, of course.
Throwing in an unsolicited plug: we especially love all the *dynamic* stuff
that Python brings to Java via Jython. :-)

Jim