Selecting varray using python

Amin Abdulghani aminabdu at paul.rutgers.edu
Tue Sep 4 17:58:59 EDT 2001

Hi,

I have recently installed DCOracle 1.3.2 to interface Oracle 8i
with python. The problem I seem to be facing is trying to access
a varray column using the interface. Does anyone have anyone
have experience doing that? I am new to varrays so there is a
possibility I am employing a totally wrong approach.
Here is what I do:
1) There is a table test2 with 2 cols: id and arrcol (array of
varchar)
2)  curs.execute("select arrcol from test2")
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
  File "/export/home/amin/py-driver/DCOracle-1.3.2/DCOracle/ociCurs.py",
line 299, in execute
    r = self._execute(params__, kw)
  File "/export/home/amin/py-driver/DCOracle-1.3.2/DCOracle/ociCurs.py",
line 241, in _execute
    out=self._describe(self._ft)
  File "/export/home/amin/py-driver/DCOracle-1.3.2/DCOracle/ociCurs.py",
line 196, in _describe
    raise error, (
oci.error: Invalid type code, 109, for column 1

Any pointers will be much appreciated.

Thanks..
Amin