Pymacs 0.2 for testing!

François Pinard pinard at iro.umontreal.ca
Sun Sep 9 13:45:41 EDT 2001

Hi!  This is a call for Pymacs testers.  A copy of Pymacs is available as:

    http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~pinard/pymacs/pymacs-0.2.tar.gz

Later pretests will use the same naming scheme, so check for the latest.

Pymacs allows Emacs users to extend the editor functionalities using Python,
where they might have traditionally used Emacs LISP.  This small tool is
also fairly simple to install -- no recompilation needed! :-)

All comments are welcome!  For this initial testing round, I would like
that we orient our efforts at widening portability -- as I developed using
Emacs 21.0.105 and Python 1.5.2.  Since Pymacs runs Python as an Emacs
sub-process, it will not work on systems without sub-processing.