Where does my output go?

Michael Abbott michael at rcp.co.uk
Wed Sep 5 12:55:50 EDT 2001

"Andy McKay" <andym at ActiveState.com> wrote in
news:vgsl7.1968$fD2.74498 at localhost:

> Its to do with your registry settings, look for python.exe in your
> registry using regedit and change the setting for open to be sent "%1"
> instead of %1.
>
> Heres the settings on my box for
>
> HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\ft000010\shell\Open\command
>
> d:\python21\python.exe -u "%1"

Oh dear, this isn't working for me.  I have:

    	[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Python.File\Shell\Open\Command]
    	@="\"D:\\Python21\\python.exe\" -u \"%1\" %*"

(I need the %* to ensure that I can get at my arguments, and I'm not sure
what -u is doing.)

If I try to run with redirection I get:

    	C:\TEMP>write test test >write.txt
    	Traceback (most recent call last):
    	  File "C:\TEMP\write.py", line 1, in ?
    	    print 'Hello'
    	IOError: [Errno 9] Bad file descriptor

    	C:\TEMP>

On the other hand, if I remove the -u then I get an empty write.txt as
before.