Best book on Python?

Kemp Randy-W18971 Randy.L.Kemp at motorola.com
Thu Sep 20 09:04:34 EDT 2001

In the US, you can use www.bestbookbuys.com.

-----Original Message-----
From: Simon Brunning [mailto:SBrunning at trisystems.co.uk]
Sent: Thursday, September 20, 2001 3:11 AM
To: python-list at python.org
Cc: 'Ian Bolton'
Subject: RE: Best book on Python?

> From:	Ian Bolton [SMTP:boltoni8 at cs.REMOVE_THIS.man.ac.uk]
> Also, where's the cheapest place to get hold of PP2, or whatever you
> recommend?

To find the best price for a book in the UK, I use
<http://www.comparisonmagic.com/>.

FWIW, I find *both* 'Programming Python' and 'Python Essential Reference' to
be worth having. The second really is essential. The first was good for me
because it taught me about several areas which I didn't know much about -
GUI programming, network programming (both client & server-side), and so on.
If you are already familiar with these areas, you might find yourself
ploughing through a lot of stuff that you already know.

Cheers,
Simon Brunning
TriSystems Ltd.
sbrunning at trisystems.co.uk