Help getting python/Apache working together on windows

Maan M. Hamze mmhamze at pleiades.net
Thu Sep 6 11:17:53 EDT 2001

"Brian Sweeting" <brian at sweeting.ws> wrote in message
news:ca2da21e.0109060657.b4b88ed at posting.google.com...
> I have two questions...
>

> 2) Are there special tags that allow you to embed python scripts
> inside html as in php?  Any help regarding these two things would be
> appreciated!
Yes you can.  One way is if you use Python as an ActiveScripting language.
Then you can use Python scripts in tags using ASP pages.
But you are using PHP.  I have never used PHP.  I suppose it is a
server-side scripting engine.  Then maybe someone created some extensions
that works along with PHP so that Python can be recognized in html tags and
run on the server.
Maan
Why not use IIS on Windows which allows you easily to use Python CGI and
Python in ASP pages if you have Hammond's PythonWin installed that installs
the ActiveScripting engine for Python?