inconsistant arg expectations in jython

Mark Robinson m.1.robinson at herts.ac.uk
Wed Sep 19 07:03:35 EDT 2001

I hope it isn't considered inappropriate to post jython questions here!

I am running jython 2.1a1 on winNT4 and getting a very unusual error. In
responce to a getFocus event I attempt to determine  which object
obtained the focus (in this case a JTextField object) as follows:

e.getComponent().getClass().getName()

At run time I am getting a TypeError exception saying that getName()
expects 1 arg and is receiving 0. From the Java documentation it would
seem that getName() doesn't ever take an argument.
Can anyone tell me if this is implemented differently in jython or if I
am just making a daft mistake, or where I might be able to find out what
argument it is expecting (my searching has been fruitless).

TIA
Blobby