.NET and Python

Alex Martelli aleax at aleax.it
Mon Sep 10 09:02:25 EDT 2001

"Van Gale" <cgale1 at _remove_home.com> wrote in message
news:l02n7.226503$%a.8841628 at news1.rdc1.sdca.home.com...

> "Alex Martelli" <aleax at aleax.it> wrote in message
> news:9ni0fi0vq0 at enews1.newsguy.com...
> > "Van Gale" <cgale1 at _remove_home.com> wrote in message
> > news:g7%m7.226487$%a.8840828 at news1.rdc1.sdca.home.com...
> > >
> > > Microsoft marketing literature and hype has *always* been right.  For
> the
> >
> > I disagree: I find Microsoft's marketing abysmal in its field.  One
>
> Yeah, I didn't really express that well :)  I was really trying to say
> something like with .NET, Microsoft is doing a good job of seeming right.
> That doesn't mean they actually are right (at this point).

Oh, I see!  Well, I was surprised by the quality of the betas of
the .NET Framework and Visual Studio .NET, considering they're
betas -- the *rest* of the .NET "vision" strikes me as _very_
dubious (no matter how well Passport is implemented, for example,
the idea of a closed-source, single-point-of-failure service
becoming crucial to the functioning of most or all of eCommerce
strikes me as VERY bad from a technical viewpoint).

Alex