return command in a function.

Markus Schaber markus at schabi.de
Thu Sep 27 09:31:02 EDT 2001

Hi,

Brian Lee <senux at senux.com.NOSPAM> schrub:

> Hi all! I'm newbie at programming and especially Python langauge.
>
> What do you think when someone put return, break or continue command
> in half of a function. I think that commands are like ``goto'' It is
> very confused for me to understand big code because such commands
> jump un-excepted line.
>
> What do you think about this and how can get be avoid of using
> such commands? Any advice?

Well - if you don't like "goto", you have to use the intercal
programming language. They define a "come from" instruction instead. :-)

Seriously, I personally think return, break and continue just help to
avoid series of nested if statements, and - carefully used - can help
to make the code faster and more readable.

markus

--
"The strength of the Constitution lies entirely in the determination of
each citizen to defend it. Only if every single citizen feels duty