mxODBC

Ben C benc1 at today.com.au
Tue Sep 25 20:30:09 EDT 2001

Hi there,

I am pushing text data to a MS SQL Server DB using the mxODBC module
which seems to work fine ... most of the time. One of the columns I am
pushing this text to has the data type set to Text. However ... I am
getting data truncation when attempting to upload some largish strings
~ 14kb ... the Text datatype should handle 2 gigabytes of data ... the
warning message is as follows

Warning: ('22001', 0, '[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]String data,
right truncation', 4490)

Would this have something to do with a buffer size setting?

any suggestions most appreciated..

thanks