[PyQt] Confused by this class hierachie ...

Boudewijn Rempt boud at rempt.xs4all.nl
Thu Sep 13 14:31:24 EDT 2001

Well, without some actual code it's difficult to tell exactly what your
problem is. What I mostly do is create the dialogs in the constructor of
my main window class - that makes it available everywhere. You create
the dialog with the main window instance as parent, and that means you
can get at the main window from the dialog with self.parent().

You can take a look at http://stage.linuxports.com/pyqt/x1771.htm or
http://stage.linuxports.com/pyqt/c3816.htm - the first is about the
standard dialogs PyQt offers, the second about creating real, complex
dialogs.

If those chapters don't clear away your confusion, please tell
me - then I can adapt the text and make it clearer!

--

Boudewijn Rempt  | http://www.valdyas.org