VIDEO - VIDEO

Will Ware wware at alum.mit.edu
Fri Sep 28 23:20:45 EDT 2001

Mind wrote:
> I am a beginner. I would like a Script working to show the video. I
> have never planned to objects. Sorry for my English i'm italian.
> Thanks for everything.

What format are the video files? Do you already have a player that
can use them? I have been doing some video stuff using a MPEG decoder
(mpeg2dec-0.2.0) so what would work on my Linux box would be something
like this:

    import os
    os.system("mpeg2dec foobar.mpg")

You don't need to use objects for this. Objects are cool and useful and
you'll probably want to learn about them someday, but there's no rush.
I don't know what's available for Italian-language tutorials, but here
is a nice one in English:
http://www.ibiblio.org/obp/thinkCSpy/

Actually there are some Italian-language tutorial materials:
http://www.python.org/doc/NonEnglish.html#italian

--
"How many roads must a man walk down?"  -- Bob Dylan
"Eleven"  -- Spinal Tap