(no subject)

polygis polygis at net2000ke.com
Thu Sep 13 08:34:48 EDT 2001

Hello,

I am a Land Surveying student at the Kenya Polytechnic. I came across your website from a link from www.remotesensing.org and I was very interested.

I am currently undertaking a project in geodesy where I am to develop a program to convert geodetic co-ordinates (longitude, latitude and altitude) to plane co-ordinates (X, Y and height) and vice-versa.

What I would like to know is: -

    a.. How much time is it going to take to learn python with experience of programming in BASIC and FOTRAN?
    b.. Can python support scientific and mathematical computations such as iterations, obtaining values of a particular item from list of a predefined set to use in an equation?
    c.. What problems would I be likely to encounter?
You’re advice will be highly appreciated. Thank you.

Byron Okubasu Anangwe

P.O. Box 51403

C. Square

Nairobi.